It Makes Everything Better!
The APOGEE Aerospace team has grown into one of our strongest domains and areas of expertise. The team concentrates on the modeling & simulation of space, air and ground collection systems using SIGINT, Radar and Electro-optical sensors operating from the ultra violet through the very long wave Infrared.
The Aerospace team provides technical support to national programs through problem-centric analysis and the development of program tailored analytic tools and their integration with COTS/GOTS GIS/Simulation tools to solve customer specific questions.
APOGEE engineers regularly present technical analysis to government senior leadership and provide data ingest/export support to other COTS/GOTS models in custom or standard formats (XML, KML). Using state of the art 3D modeling tools, APOGEE develops models of Satellites, Aircraft, Sensor Performance, Ground Processing, and Situational Awareness.
Current team tools of choice include Arc Geospatial Information Systems (ArcMap, 3DAnalysts, Military Analysts, Satellite Took Kit, Google Earth, Arena, Extend, Matlab, Mathmatica, and .Net and Java based custom tools.
Our approach to implementing the aerospace engineering process is not sequential: the tasks are performed in a parallel and iterative manner to maximize customer interaction, requirements refinement, and project success.
Some of the team's recent Aerospace Engineering efforts include:
- Modeling sea and air based collection assets against the Ballistic Missile Technical Collections Mission using the commercial business process modeling tool Extend.
- Model results were used in the publication of an Analysis of Alternatives study.
- Automating processes for collection planning and reporting on scientific intelligence products.
- GPS dilution of precision, potential jamming and spoofing analysis.
- Future ISR overhead satellite, payload, and Comm modeling and performance metric generation.
- Assisting in the publication of the Measurement and Signatures Intelligence C4ISR Architecture which encompasses the development of the operational, system and technical architectures for the current system and proposed future network centric architecture. The study was based on the C4ISR Architecture 2.0 Framework.
- Providing studies on the uses of advance technology systems in support of military operations in urban warfare environments and future information management systems to support intelligence and military operations.
- Researching the use of Commercial Off-the-Shelf applications vs. customized applications to achieve substantial cost reductions in the O&M of sensor collection management database tools.
- Formulating Scientific Engineering and Technical Assistance to government agencies in support to ongoing critical flight test experiments and scientific data collection projects.
- Tracking staffing requirements and resource expenditures.
- Monitoring contract expenditures and delivered monthly technical and financial reports.
- Developing phenomenology and performance diagnostic data collection requirements for missile technology program.
Measurement Requirements Definition:
- Experiment timeline development
- Collection Platform coordination with national ranges
- Sensor selection, configuration, calibration and operations
- Post-mission sensor performance reviews
- Modeling and simulation of EO-sensor performance, including the affects of the atmosphere, Earth and space background.
Satellite Remote Sensing Mission Planning:
- Defining sensor operations for remote sensing and missile tracking observations.
- Collection planning coordination with science community principal investigators.
- Development of sensor collection planning applications.
- Data downlink communication link analysis.
- Payload sensor testing coordination.
Airborne Mission Planning and Collection Operations
- Collection planning using advanced electro-optical sensor packages operating in the ultra violet through the very long wave infrared.
- Provided program management and technical support.
- Coordination of collection platform tasking and sensor calibration requirements.
Provided coordination of collection systems for the Optical Diagnostic Collection Experiments.
- Coordinated requirements with US national ranges (Western and Eastern Test Ranges) and satellite operations offices to establish communications and logistics support for airborne assets.
- Performed studies on the Infrared emissions of the targets and assisted in the specification of sensor configuration requirements for the data collection activities.